Climate of Shanghai, China Average Weather
- Shanghai, china, 31°13'N, 121°27'E, 6 m (20 ft)
- Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall), hot summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Shanghai is close to the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 15.8 degrees Celsius (60.4 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1111 mm (43.7 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 1874 hours.
- If Shanghai were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Taejon, North Korea - 791.2 kms (491.7 miles) NE
- Mokp'O, North Korea - 608.5 kms (378.1 miles) NE
- Yosu/ Yeosu, North Korea - 704.3 kms (437.6 miles) NE
- Cheju, North Korea - 540.1 kms (335.6 miles) ENE
- Hirado, Japan - 796.8 kms (495.2 miles) ENE
- Fukue, Japan - 714.7 kms (444.1 miles) ENE
- Kumejima, Japan - 752.5 kms (467.6 miles) SE
- Taipei, Taiwan - 688.2 kms (427.7 miles) S
- Yonagunijima, Japan - 766.6 kms (476.4 miles) SSE
- Iriomotejima, Japan - 788.2 kms (489.8 miles) SSE